2.18.2011

Secrets, a Portfolio and Letters.

Jules is here! Okay, before I go on with about title -- I'd like to tell you who got onto the team -- Ashlynn, Lanie, Sienna, Freya, Rachel, Millie and Mollie (twins) and Lola. And me, of course.

Anyway.

As I was walking home by myself yesterday (Kit was already at home and Josefina had two extra-sessions of gymnastics) I checked the mail--nothing out of the ordinary. There was a letter for Kit though, addressed to Margaret Kittredge. I thought that was odd because she never gets letters apart from Ruthie, her friend in the USA and Ruthie never addresses them to Margaret. I stomped up the stairs, to the front door, threw my bag on the ground and yelled: "Margaret, you have a letter!"
Kit then slowly emerged from the hallway and asked: "And why are you calling me Mar-- you know what I mean." (she hates loathes her first name)
"Because it is addressed to a Margaret."
Kit smirked at me. "Well, come on, pass it over."
"Tell me what it's about first."
"How would I know, if I haven't looked at it yet?"
"Because it looks like you know."
"JULIE!!!"
"Okay, okay..." I quickly passed it over. She was in a rare, scary, short tempered mood.
She skimmed through it, and immediately relaxed, and gave a little twitch of a smile.
"So?" I asked.
"So what?" 
"What is it about?"
"Nothing."
"Kit!" I groaned. She has to tell me. I was getting fed up.
"Julie, I said nothing!" she snapped. That told me the convo was done. She merrily skipped down the hall into her room.

Josefina suddenly burst through the door, and saw my expression. "Was up?" she asked.
"Kit got a letter and she won't tell me what it's about." I said, crossing my arms.
Josie shrugged. "She'll come through tomorrow morning. She always does."
"You think?"
Josie nodded. "Now come on, I'm starving."
"Obviously."

Anyway, skip past that, it's today, Saturday, during breakfast.

"Guys, I have to go to the city today, and Gracie is going to come with me.." Kit supplied us.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because..." she said quietly.
"Kit." Josie popped in, her mouth full of toast. "You aren't allowed to go anywhere without telling us. Lily's not here, she's at netball."
Kit bit her lip and played with her hair, took a deep breath and it all came out. "Igoamodjoanineeporfdone."
"What?" I asked, bewildered. "Sl-ow-do-o-wn." Josie added.

"I got a modelling job with B.T.A. and I have my portfolio done." she confessed.

I couldn't say anything. Josefina was astonished and I was... disgusted. She saw our expressions and said, "can't stop, gotta go, talk to you soon, will text you." and ran out the door.

I looked at Josie. "Is the beginning of a modelling nightmare?"
Josefina bit her lip. 

Peace Out,

Julie

P.S. When Kit got home, she didn't say much. Just said there was one really good girl called Kat who went to some sorta academy and it was all fine. I managed to get my hands on some photos, but blogger is being mean to me and won't let me upload them. And what is a portfolio??

4 comments:

  1. When I was 3 or 4, I was at a fair with my mom and dad, and this guy said I could be a model!! I went to the modeling agency and to apply to be a model,you had to pay for like this $1000.00 photo!!!!! But my parents didn't want to spend that much money, plus the chances of me being a model were like 2000 to 5000 in a million.
    ~Caelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A portfolio is something you put together for an audition. Like you could put a bunch of pictures in a portfolio, or some drawings you did. What you put in a portfolio depends on what you're auditioning for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's been a month since you posted! You are one of my favorite bloggers! COME BACK TO US

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT'S APRIL AND YOU HAVEN'T POSTED SINCE FEBRUARY. LIKE I SAID, YOU ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE BLOGGERS!

    COOOOME BAAACK TOOOOO USSSSSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete